With the New Year here a lot of us are looking for healthier option foods, I know I sure am. I have had way to many treats over the holiday period and I am looking to get myself fitter and stronger this year and of course the biggest thing I want is to control my PCOS. Snacks can be my biggest problem area because I always seem to grab the ones like chocolate and cakes rather then the healthier options so I decided to make some healthy flapjacks to curb my bad snacking habits.
I thought this would be a brilliant recipe for people taking part Veganuary at the moment so I've made a vegan version of one of my all time favourite snacks and its flapjacks. With some research online I found you can make healthier versions of them so I decided to give it a whirl and thankfully I did because it turned out quite well if I don't say so myself.
What you need
- Baking tray
- Grease proof paper
- Mixing bowl
- 200g Whole Oats
- 100g softened dairy free butter
- 2 ripe banana
- small handful of raisins or mixed dried fruit
- 2 teaspoons of agave nectar
- 10g of Pulsin Pea Protein
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4
- In large bowl put oats, raisins and pulsin pea powder
- Mash ripe bananas in a separate bowl then add the agave nectar and the softened butter until they are combined
- Put ingredients from the smaller bowl into the large bowl and mix together with hands until thick and its like cookie dough, if its too dry add a little bit of almond milk.
- Put the mixture onto grease proof paper on the oven tray. Flatten the mixture to get it into an oblong shape and then add to the oven.
- Let it cook in the over for about 20-30 minutes (mine too 25 minutes)
- Once cooked put on the side and once cooled cut into 10-12 squares.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
What should I make next time?
Thanks for reading ♥
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me
Instagram ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Youtube