I know it may only be autumn right now but it sure doesn't feel like it! Here in Glasgow we have minus temperatures already and wow can you feel it on your skin. With the ridiculously cold temperatures in mind I have drastically changed my skincare routine to combat the cold brisk weather we are having at the moment. The key areas I like to make sure are 100% with my skin are keeping pores unclogged from pollution and old makeup; so keeping them clear is a must have for me. Then keep the moisture in skin is another; my skin can get quite dry in places and its even worse in the winter if I am not careful, so with all that in mind I choose my products that I keep near at hand.
The products I have chosen are different prices brackets so they are something for everyone. Anyway's all the products I have chosen are cruelty free and as I love to be totally honest with all of my lovely followers two of these products were gifted for me to try but never the less I love them regardless if they given or no.
Why Skincare is important to me
I must admit I was absolutely naff with using skincare products a few years ago, I don't think I used much at all apart from nivea and boy my skin didn't like that at all, I got a big reaction from one of their products and my face was sore for a few days after that. I avoided anything for a while after that because I was worried about my skin reacting badly again to another skincare product. I think a big reason I didn't try more back then was also a lack of knowledge of different products and also the jobs different skincare products have.
The main thing that started me wanting to take care of my skin more was my daily makeup routine; I hear you all say why that? Well the reason for that was because taking makeup off after a long day everyday was really taking its toll on my skin. Thats the reason I take care of my skin so much now, I don't want my skin to be like before, I like to take extra special care of my skin. I am so glad I do because my skin is a lot softer and it is actually easier to apply and remove makeup now.
My favourite Winter skincare products
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Foam Cleanser ( £5.50) This is brilliant to use in the mornings as it feels very refreshing on the skin. It helps to cleanse blemished skin and also reduce oiliness and shine.
- Lush Snow Fairy Body Conditioner ( Between £7.95 for 100ml and £13.95 for 225g) Vegan Now this is just heaven for anyone who love snow fairy showgel, it has exactly the same scent and even has similar shimmer in it too. This is a lush moisturiser not only does it make you smell lovely it helps keep skin soft too.
- Dr Botanicals Japenese orange superfood facial oil and night cream ( Under £20 each on sale) Vegan Out of all of the face moisturisers and oils I have tried this one smells the best, it has the most divine sweet orange scent. I use these both together at night time to give my skin the ultimate luxury. These are natural and are full of vitamins and essential fatty acids, its designed to combat dry skin and help skin look younger.
- The Body Shop Frosted Berries Lip Balm ( £4.00) I must say I love lots of different lip balms at the moment but this one won out the choices because it smells like Christmas, I know that might sound daft but it does because it has a very festive berry smell. Wearing a lip balm helps keep lips soft and stops getting them so dry in cold weather. Its also great for wearing a matte or liquid lipstick.
- Nip + Fab Kale Fix Moisturiser (£14.95) Vegan This smells very refreshing like cucumbers, its also very light weight and glides onto the skin effortlessly. It contains aloe vera and shea butter to help smooth and improve skins texture.
- Soap and Glory Hand Food ( £6.00) Vegan Honestly this is a heavenly smell of marshmallows and to me thats the perfect scent for winter as it reminds me of a hot chocolate. This hand cream features fennel and lotus flower extracts which helps to keep hands smooth.
- Soap and Glory Heal Genius ( £5.50) Vegan This cream is so thick that you need to put socks on after you apply it, even though that sounds like a right pain it is so worth it because it help smooth feet. Its works wonders on the hard skin on my feet.
- The Body Shop Body Butters ( £14.00) I can't say which scent I like the most because they all smell wonderful and they all work very well. These creams are luxurious and thick, they last for 24 which I think is amazing.
- The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask ( £15.00) Vegan I just love having a face mask on and it usually doesn't matter which brand it is but I just love this one. This one is great at absorbing excess oil and purifies skin to give your skin a glow.
What are your winter skincare favourites?
Thanks for reading ♥
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me
Instagram ♥ Facebook ♥ Twitter ♥ Youtube